As MeteoIO is under an open source licence, you are warmly welcomed to contribute to it. Even if you are not a developer, you can contribute by proof reading or expanding the documentation, reporting issues, advertising for MeteoIO around you...
If you want to start contributing code, you can look into the open issues, register to the system (please also send an email to Mathias Bavay in order to request the validation of your registration) and attribute the issue to yourself.
Here is a list of issues that could be a good starting point or suitable for an internship project:
- ARIMA resampling
- spatial interpolations with splines
- robust linear regression
- reading METAR and SYNOP reports
- optimize ASCII data reading
- use the new PROJ Application Programing Interface
- you can also write new plugins, processing elements, resampling algorithms, spatial interpolations, etc see in Expanding MeteoIO